Hi! I’m such a crazyface today – I’m trying to do a million different things and I’m so scattered and it’s almost 3pm and I still haven’t eaten lunch and I can’t think of a creative blog title – but I have lots of UPDATES.
1. Thank you for all the comments – positive and not – about the new paperback cover! I really am curious about your thoughts and I know my editor read them too. And I’m happy that so many of you like the new cover. I loved the first one too, but I think this one probably reflects the story better.
2. Congratulations to Nicole M. who won the copy of THE INNOCENTS! And stay tuned for more contests – we may be revealing the STAR CURSED cover as soon as next week (so excited!) and I’ll also have Thrice interviews and giveaways coming up soon with Fiona Paul (VENOM) and Elizabeth Richards (BLACK CITY).
3. I’ve joined an awesome historical blog called Corsets, Cutlasses, and Candlesticks! And I did my first post for them today on my favorite historical movie. You can also find out what embarrassing present I kept in my closet in high school.
4. I’m going to try to do NaNoWriMo this year! I’ve never done it before, and frankly it’s a big stretch for me. I don’t usually write every day, and I edit a lot as I go. But I need a draft of Cahill Witch Book 3 and I’m excited to get started! I’m here if you want to add me as a friend! And I’ve joined several other YA authors (Beth Revis, Jess Khoury, Sarah J. Maas, Susan Dennard, and Erin Bowman) in this Ask a Published YA Author thread on the forum!
5. I am listening to Taylor Swift’s new album RED today. I kind of love it.
6. I have two upcoming events in PA this fall. The first one is this Friday at 7pm at the Haverford Township Free Library, with a bunch of other awesome debut authors – Anne Greenwood Brown, Anne Nesbit, K.M. Walton, Gina Damico, Elisa Ludwig, E.C. Myers, and Tiffany Schmidt! If you’re in the area, I’d love to see you!
7. I am now going to go eat my lunch and watch HART OF DIXIE. I love that show!