Hi! Today we’re celebrating the release of BLIND SPOT by Laura Ellen.
In this debut teen thriller, Tricia Farni was last seen alive the night she fought with Roswell Hart–a night Roz can’t remember. Can Roz piece together the events of that night, despite the eye disease that robs her of most of her vision, in order to clear her name and find a murderer?
I had a chance to read this early, and while I don’t want to give too much away because there’s a twisty-turny mystery here, I will say that Roz is an engagingly prickly narrator. She’s angry about the way she’s being treated and rightfully so – but I love the way she eventually becomes open to both new friendship and romance. Also, how pretty and intriguing is the cover?
Now for the interview:
1. Describe your main character in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Roz is an intelligent, stubborn, visually impaired music-lover.
2. Describe your book in 3 adjectives + a noun.
BLIND SPOT is an on-the-edge-of-your-seat, emotional, fast-paced thriller.
3. Describe yourself in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Laura Ellen is a shy, observant, always-plotting author!
4. If you could travel to any 3 countries, what would they be?
Italy, Australia, and the Galapagos Islands.
5. If you could take any 3 non-writing-related classes, what would they be?
Painting, Guitar, and PHOTOSHOP – how that program intrigues and yet frustrates me
6. If you could have 3 alternate careers, what would they be?
Music agent, CSI investigator, archaeologist
7. What are 3 of your favorite flowers?
Tulips, lavender, and lilies (JS: Ooh, I love lavender!)
8. What are 3 of your favorite foods?
Cheese fondue, rocky road ice cream (with REAL marshmallows, not marshmallow creme!), grilled halibut (JS: melted cheese is my most favorite!)
9. What are 3 of your favorite books?
A NORTHERN LIGHT by Jennifer Donnelly, EMMA by Jane Austen, and UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld.
Thanks so much for stopping by, Laura! Hope you’re having a fabulous day!