Summer Read-a-thon

Next week I’m going to my parents’ for a sort of staycation. This involves swimming in the pool, eating my mom’s freshly baked pies, and falling asleep to the sound of crickets in the middle of nowhere, PA. I’m still hard at work trying to make STAR CURSED awesome, so I’ll be spending a few hours a day editing. But I’ve been kind of appalled by how little I’ve been reading lately, so reading in/by the pool is also a priority. I’m waaay behind on my Goodreads challenge to read 100 books this year.

So, in addition to swimming and pie and editing, I’m going to have a little read-a-thon next week, starting on Sunday at noon. I’m not a superfast reader, but if I could read 5 books over the course of the week instead of my usual 1 or 2, I’d be psyched.

Anyone else want to join me?

On my TBR pile are the following books. I definitely won’t be able to read them ALL immediately. What should I read next? Vote for your top 3 – and if you’ve read some of them, tell me what you thought in the comments!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Summer Read-a-thon

1. Daisy says:

I absolutely LOVED both Code Name Verity and Throne of Glass!! Both stories are amazing and the authors wonderful storytellers! I loved the friendship bond in Code Name Verity and Throne of Glass is just epic fantasy with one of my favourite heroines of all time. So I'm voting for those two :)
    And Falling Kingdoms, because I'm dying to read it myself :)

• jessica_shea says:

Yay, thank you for the recommendations! I have heard only amazing things about CODE NAME VERITY, and I adore Sarah so I'm psyched for THRONE OF GLASS. If only I could remember who I lent my copy of FALLING KINGDOMS to…

2. I only voted for Unspoken because OMG I can't wait. I pre-ordered at my B&N last week :-D

3. emmyneal says:

Code Name Verity is by far one of the best books I've ever read. The characters are still haunting me!

• jessica_shea says:

I've heard amazing things from practically everyone about CODE NAME VERITY, so I'm pretty sure that's one I'll be reading. Plus I understand it's a tearjerker, and this way my tears will just fall into the pool and no one will see. ;)

4. Rebecca says:

I read Speechless a couple weeks back and LOVED it. Hannah sure doesn't disappoint second time round. Really recommend it! I also voted for Burn For Burn as I adored Jenny Han's Summer series, and Code Name Verity, as it sounds amazing and I've only heard fabulous things! I'm also behind in my Goodreads Challenge, and have been stressed out all this week, so I'd LOVE to do a read-a-thon with you. We can motivate each other! :)

• jessica_shea says:

Awesome! I'm going to try to finish ORIGIN before bed and then I'm going to read THROUGH TO YOU because I have to send it off on the Apocs tour! That will be #1 on my read-a-thon. I forgot I loaned my copy of BURN FOR BURN to someone so I've got to request it on Netgalley!

• Rebecca says:

Woo hoo! I'm going to finish rereading Anna and the French Kiss tonight, and start a new book tommorow. I have no idea what I'm reading next…so much to choose from! Ooh, Through To You looks amazing, lucky you! Enjoy and feel free to keep me updated. Happy Reading! :)

5. Rebecca says:

I love anything by Stephanie Perkins, but Anna is by far my favourite of her's so far :) Etienne <3 *swoon* I've ditched a book that I was struggling with and started Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentorout yesterday, which I finished off a few hours ago. Addictive much! Hope your reading goal is going well! Next book ;)